So back to Field Day. It was WILD! 90 different stations for the kids to go to. They had a yellow sheet attached to their backs with each station listed. When they completed a station, a 5th grader would check them off. Every station was worth 1 Skittle (candy). It was everything from hitting a baseball, jumping rope, timed running, climbing, basketball, jumprope, etc., etc., etc. I attempted to follow Colton around and take pictures. It was very crazy with kids going every direction but also very organized if that makes any sense. I loved it and so did Colton. He managed to get 48 stations done and when it was over the whole class went to the "Skittle Bank" and got their Skittles. Colton ate all 48 of them. Oh my! After a quick break, we went back outside for Relay Races. I REALLY got into these as we were competing against the other 1st grade classes. (On a side note, I told one of his teachers that I was now picking out the teacher I wanted for both kids next year based on how they did in the Relays. hehe)
Colton's favorite relay was the one that he had to run down and sit on a water balloon and pop it and then run back. Of course the whole class had wet shorts but none of them cared. There were lots of relays with water and our class did very well. They didn't announce an overall winner because some of the ones that lost in past years complained. (I really can't stand whiny adults). I figure that we probably came in 2nd out of all the 1st grade classes.
I took 144 pictures and even cut down there were a lot of pictures so I tried something new with a collage.
Click on the picture to make it bigger.
You can then click on it again to make it even bigger to see the details.
You can then click on it again to make it even bigger to see the details.

No comments:
Post a Comment