Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Your Horse Is Too FAST!"...

We definitely have a house full of competitive people. The filly I picked won the Preakness, Rachel Alexandra. Cayden's pick, Mine That Bird came in 2nd and Colton's pick, Musket Man came in 3rd.

I really shouldn't share this next part as it wasn't my best parenting moment but it was so funny. Immediately after the race, I was jumping up and down and tried to high five Cayden. He came over and KICKED me and said that my horse was too fast. It was so ridiculous that I couldn't stop myself from laughing. I kept telling Neal that he needed to put Cayden in time out but he was laughing too. I mean, Who kicks someone when their horse comes in 2nd in the Preakness?

It's not even like Cayden kicks people when he's mad. He's never done that before but he was furious with me because my filly beat his horse. I'm still laughing. Gotta love his passion even though misguided. This morning I was showing Colton the replay of the race (on my new iPhone - yipiee) and Cayden got mad all over again. He started saying that my horse was too fast. Try reasoning with a 3 year old about why that is a crazy thing to say.

I must be telling stories on this child. How could that sweet face get so mad about a horse race?!

No comments:

Post a Comment