


Sunday morning, despite the threat of rain and the dark clouds, we loaded up and drove to Athens for the final game in the Georgia/florida (yes I know I didn't capitalize that last word) baseball series. Everyone was wearing their red and black and I dropped Neal and the boys off at the stadium to find tickets. He got 4 tickets for $10.00 total which was a great deal. Sitting in Foley Field and watching baseball is an awesome way to spend an afternoon. The Braves and Turner have nothing on the Diamond Dawgs and Foley Field. I love how exited Colton and Cayden are and the way they both totally get what is going on in the game.
I'm including pictures from the last time we went to Foley Field and were able to get on the field after the game. Way cool!!
Unfortunately the Dawgs blew an 8th inning 3 run lead and lost. I was mad. Definitely wanted to use the "S" word and "D" word. In our house those are "Stupid" and "Dumb". Colton was pretty mad too which didn't bother me. Another reason to hate those blasted gators.
I normally let the boys stand outside the gates and shake hands with the opposing team as they load up their bus. Uhhhhh not this time or against this team. Good sportsmanship only goes so far and will always stop with the gators. Don't even bother lecturing me on this as it will fall on deaf ears.
Still all in all, a day in Athens always trumps a day anywhere else.
(By the way in the Kentucky Derby, Colton's horses came in 2nd and 3rd. The winner was a 50-1 long shot. I gotta start betting Colton's picks).
No comments:
Post a Comment