I am always amazed by the things that come out of Cayden's mouth. Today he got hurt because Colton pushed him down out by the pool. This may or may not have been an accident. The jury is still out. Cayden cried and then wanted to keep discussing his injuries (a scrapped knee and elbow). I finally told him that I was sorry that he got hurt but it was time to get over it.He told me that if he fell down and scraped his knee and elbow that he would always cry and that I needed to get over it.
I know I know, he was talking back. I have to pick my battles there or the kid would permanently be in time out. I actually had to look away so he wouldn't see me laugh. I guess he told me!
Later that day he came over and stood in front of me and told me that I hadn't hugged him since before lunch. (Oh the horror!!) He wasn't sad and he had a little twinkle in his eye and he wasn't trying to con me into anything. He was just ready for a hug. Lucky for me, he gives the best hugs EVER. I'm sure the day will come that I have to beg for those hugs but for now, I plan to enjoy each and every one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment