Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Junkyard Dawgs go 9-1...

After our first pre-season practice I wasn't sure we'd even win one game much less nine. Cayden at three years old played "way" up with the 5 & 6 year olds and did a great job. He was in the top half of the whole team in batting and was 2nd only to Colton in his ability to avoid an out by sliding. He did have some issues a few times when he was called out. It would have been funny had he not been my kid. Throwing your helmet and running into the outfield and refusing to leave the field will show that umpire not to call you out next time. Gotta love that he cares. Hopefully next year he'll be able to control that a little bit more.



I really need to have someone else post about Colton because I come across as a very biased mom and I'm actually very realistic about him. So I'll try to just give you the facts. He is our first baseman and gets 95% of all of our outs. I need to check the stats but he's either our best hitter or it's a close 2nd with his buddy Gabriel. (I love listening to them discuss who is better. They have an awesome competitive friendship that makes both of them better. Each roots for the other and pushes the other to be better. What a great friendship!) Colton has been selected to be on the All Star team and has also been picked up by another team for a tournament. He is definitely the kid that the other teams are talking about and watching and he truly gets better every game.

Stay tuned for playoff news but it's been a fun season. My goal with the team is to find something to love in all the kids. Some of them made it difficult early on but I can truly say I've found something to love in all these kids and a few of them I'd just move right into my home to raise.

How 'bout them JUNKYARD DAWGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment