I saw him on Wednesday (because Cayden wanted to tell "Mr. Phil" and his Daddy how brave he had been at the Doctor). Like he did EVERY SINGLE time he saw me, Phil hugged and kissed me goodbye and told me he loved me. Who does that EVERY SINGLE time you see them?? I feel so lucky that he was our friend. I feel such a loss and that doesn't even compare to what Neal is going through because he spent every day with him and were really best friends.
Last Saturday he came to Colton's All Star Baseball Tournament. It was HOT but Phil came back for the next game as well. It was so hard telling the boys today. Cayden said, "So he's with God and is happy right?" I told him yes that was right and then he asked if Mr. Phil would miss us. Of course buddy.
Colton was quiet and tried not to cry and said that he was the most wonderful man that he knew and that he would always miss him. I agree Colton.
There is such a void in so many lives now. We sure loved you "Mr. Phil" and will always remember how positive and loving and full of life that you always were.
We learned about looking at the cup half full and half empty today. I asked the boys which way Mr. Phil would see it. Both immediately said that he would see it half full. That is partially right. He would actually see it over flowing and then tell you how wonderful the glass was and how awesome it was to be sharing it with you. I'm not exaggerating here. To love as freely as he did, he had to know how much he was loved in return and that is a comfort. We'll never forget you Phil and life will never be the same without you. We love you!
I think it's ironic that yesterday I picked pictures of Lake Tahoe as my blast from the past. Here are some more from that great trip with our special friend.
This was taken in Lake Tahoe. Phil has the white beard.

Shane, Phil, Neal & Ron playing Golf at Tahoe
Christina,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I love to write and I COULD NOT have done this...very brave of you to not only allow yourself to emote at such an early time in the grieving process, but to share it with the world...Thank you!
I love you and Neal very much and can't imagine what life would have been like with my Search America family.
Ron
Thank you for sharing yesterday at EWC. Phil was more than a blessing to us all. Praying for your family and Search America. - Dusty Takle
ReplyDelete