1st stop Orient Heights Beach which was really my first beach . (Ok it does have another name now but I am not recognizing it and the "T" stop still says Orient Heights so I'm going with that.) We had a Richie's slush which tastes a little like a Rita's Italian Ice but much better.
Note the jackets and jeans on the boys. It was the coolest day and a nice break from the Georgia heat.

This is a picture of the ice skating rink that Auntie Marie used to take me to every weekend starting when I was 2. (Had we not moved to Georgia I might have become a famous ice skater. Hey you never know! hehe)

Only I would put a picture of my first library but we are at the library all the time so this one is the one that started that tradition. It used to be covered in ivy which gave it a really unique look.

19 Moore Street, East Boston, MA. (There's that #19 again.) This was my first home. We lived here until we moved to Georgia.


I'm going to dig for old pictures of Carlene and I because several were taken in this exact spot.

I went to kindergarten here. It's just across the street from where I lived.

Last stop Grandma's house. 356 Princeton Street, East Boston, MA.

We visited Boston a lot even after we moved to Georgia. Many a summer night, Carlene and I sat on those steps talking to the little Italian boys up the street. Pino and Olympio Guarino. (You can't make up names like that.)
Christina! I love the pictures!!!! Look at your school and your old house! What a wonderful opportunity to be able to take your boys there. Makes me sappy and I've never even been to Boston.
ReplyDelete