and I'm sure we'll always feel the loss of our friend Phil. On Sunday, Neal spoke at Phil's church, Eagles Way in Griffin. With Neal's
encouragement I also read my blog post from Friday to the entire church. Both of us had a hard time getting through it. Sunday night we were at the Funeral Home and today we went to Phil's funeral. It was the shortest 2 hour funeral ever. Neal spoke again and several other people spoke as well. The stories were awesome but just further hit home how empty our lives are going to be without Phil. The kids have been less than good the past few days (how's that for a description) and I'm sure they are feeling our sadness and stress and they are also missing "Mr. Phil". They were great at the funeral today though. I think
Colton especially is acting out a little because he isn't sure how to handle all this emotion inside over Mr. Phil. I pray for a peaceful day tomorrow for us to start getting back on track.
We are looking forward to our trip to Boston and are ready for some fun at the Red
Sox game and with Auntie Marie, Uncle Ernie and Auntie Kay.
This picture was taken at the boys birthday party in June of 2008. It's of Colton and Kindyl who is Phil's granddaughter. She called him Poppy (which is what we called my grandfather.) Today her and my boys acted as though they see each other every day. I'm sure that Phil talked about the children enough to each other that they easily reconnected. She was his pride and joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment