Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Freedom Trail....

We decided to mainly hit Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church on the Freedom Trail because both kids know and understand about that part of the history in Boston. Colton was very interested and loved how old everything was and that these places were part of the reason we are the United States. He really gets it. As the boys study this stuff in school, we'll make more trips to Boston and cover more of the Freedom Trail. It was a beautiful day and not hot at all so that made all the walking much easier. Uncle Ernie and Auntie Marie went with us and it was great to share the day with them.

Paul Revere's house.


Paul Revere statue. Note that Cayden is DONE
with all the walking. He did perk up after an ice cream.

I love this view of the Old North Church behind the Revere statue.



I wasn't actually sure if I could take a picture inside the church. You know my motto, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission." Sooooo with all that big talk, I decided not to push it and only snapped one photo inside the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment