Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Poetry Recitation Finals!

Both boys made it to the Poetry Recitation Finals.  This means that they beat every other child in their grade level except 4 others.  The top 5 in each grade compete for one spot to go to County.  Cayden did "Being a Kite" and he did an awesome job.  I didn't agree on the winner in his age group but oh well, I'm not a judge,  
 
Cayden came in 2nd.
Colton had a tough group. He did the poem, "I Found A Four Leaf Clover". The little girl that won it, was pretty much unbeatable and we didn't mind losing to her.  It was fun to see all the kids doing their poems and I was proud that both boys made it to the Finals.
 The little girl in the green dress on the
far right was the winner. 
Note that Colton was the only boy
finalist for 2nd grade.
They didn't really announce the placements but Colton thinks he came in 3rd by the way they lined them up at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment