Cayden asked me how long it was going to take when I was fixing his hair. I said, "Oh just a minute". He said, "Is that a long just a minute or a short just a minute?"
Me - "Cayden how do you know the difference between boys and girls?"
Cayden - "Boys have short hair and girls have long hair."
Me - "But a lot of girls have short hair and even some football players have long hair."
Cayden - Oh they just change. You know my friend "Dogger" (imaginary friend) used to be a girl but now he's a boy since he got his hair cut.
Me - Uhhhhhhhhh no, he didn't change and even though this is all pretend I'm not having a conversation about your imaginary friend changing from a boy to a girl. I'm serious Cayden, there is no changing! (I'll worry about the technicality of that much later on in life.)
This next one is PG13 so if you're offended easily, then skip it. (Funny that he didn't rely on this knowledge when discussing the difference between a boy and a girl.)
Cayden - (Out of the blue comes up and hugs me.) He says, "I'm really sorry that you don't have a "tinkler".
Me - "Yeah, I'm not too upset by it. You can go find something else to worry about."
Colton in a fit of anger - "I'm NOT going to take my spelling test this week."
Me -" Let me know how that works out for you."
Colton - "Well I might take it but I'm not going to tell you about it".
Me - (grinned to myself).
Grams always comes up with any excuse to go "celebrate", which means she comes up with an excuse to go and get them ice cream. Cayden pronounces it "SAL-A-BRATE". Today Cayden is spending the day with Grams. He told me they were going to go "SAL-A-BRATE" today because Colton was getting to buy icecream for the first time in school. (I guess they really don't get sweets much because buying ice cream today has been a major topic of discussion and excitement.) 75 cents for an ice cream and a day of anticipation and excitement is a good deal!
Colton - (Lobbying to get to go to the UGA vs. SC game even though it's a night game). "Mom, I really don't think you would have as much fun at the game without me."
Me - (I don't say anything).
Colton - You know Jeff Owens (favorite football player) is really counting on me to be there.
Me - (I still don't say anything).
Colton - "Mom, You do know that this is Joe Cox's first time starting a football game at home".
Me - "Well yes but he actually he started one other game while Stafford was there."
Colton - "I don't think that was a home game."
Me - "Hmmm I need to think about that one."
Colton - "Well, um, um...you know a lot of exciting things are going to happen and I need to be there."
Me - "Yeah I get that. I need to be there too so we can probably work it out".
In a five minute time span....
Cayden - "You are the best Mama ever. I love you."
Cayden - "I am not playing with you until Christmas! You are not a good mama."
I have to borrow a Coach Richt statement here. "You're never as good as they think you are or as bad as they think you are."
No comments:
Post a Comment