
Colton is on the front row with his feet in the water.
3rd from the right.
(Click on the picture to make it bigger).
3rd from the right.
(Click on the picture to make it bigger).
I feel like I've constantly been sharing things that Colton is doing but he is older and is doing a lot of things right now. For those not around us a lot, we are not pushing him in any of the activities that he is doing. He has that natural drive and I am sure there is not a kid out there that wants to win more than Colton.
Tonight he was in his 3rd swim meet. He swam butterfly and freestyle and also 2 relays. 4 races is a lot for a little dude but he did awesome. This was his first meet swimming butterfly and he was nervous but it didn't look like it when he won the race.

He also won his free style event and shaved almost 2 seconds off his time. There was one kid that gave him a little bit of competition but Colton was still out of the pool by the time that kid finished.
Note that Colton is climbing out of the pool before
the other kids have even finished.
the other kids have even finished.

He's pretty quiet and serious about swimming and I'm always asking him if he likes swimming and he'll grin and say he likes it but loves winning. He was definitely the only 6 year old that stood and watched and studied the older kids swimming. He has this drive in school work and learning too so it's not just sports.
I don't even post on my mom's board about all the things he is winning. I'm know they support us but no one wants to have to read a bragging parents post every day. This is my blog so I can say what I want but I honestly just try to post the facts about Colton. Thus far we haven't found a kid that can beat him swimming in the Peachtree City League. He sure is exciting to watch and believe me he gets it. He wants to know his times and the times of every one else. I will say that he is always cheering on his teammates and doesn't brag to them about winning. We're proud of him win or lose but it sure is fun to see how competitive he is and how determined he gets about things.
Sweet Cayden is really putting up with a lot having to watch Colton in all of his events. I am looking forward to special time of just he and I this fall when Colton goes to school. Cayden gave me a hug today and I told him that was my favorite part of the day when he gave me hugs. He said, "You sure do need a lot of hugs so it's a good thing you have me". It is a good thing that I have him.



No comments:
Post a Comment