Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I had a date tonight...

<----with this little guy...only now he's 4 years old.

That picture was taken when Cayden was 4 months old. He may go down in history as the best baby ever (of course his 3 year old year was payback for how easy he was before that).

I've been feeling bad that Cayden has been going every morning to Colton's swim meet practice. Most evenings he's at All Star Baseball Practice and once a week at a swim meet. He has been so sweet and easy to deal with and hasn't seemed to mind but I minded. So tonight he and I skipped baseball practice. (Colton hit a home run over the fence - oh well, I can't be in two places at once.) The plan was to go play putt putt. Who knew the place was closed on Tuesdays??!! Cayden took it well and I quickly pulled into Brewsters Ice Cream to regroup. We sat outside and talked and had ice cream and across the street was a Chuck E. Cheese (one of my most hated kid places). Of course Cayden loves it and I just happened to have a bag of tokens in my car from a birthday party we had attended at a Chuck E. Cheese so off we went to go play games. Cayden was so fun and loved being able to make all the decisions on what we played and for how long.

It was good for both of us and it's a preview of what is to come when Colton starts 1st grade in August. Cayden has never had just his time and you won't be able to pry him away from me this year. Kindergarten is still up in the air for him. I may home school like I did Colton or I may send him to a private half a day kindergarten. That is a year away and this school year me and my buddy Cayden will be hanging out. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment