
I love watching Colton play baseball and he's really good at it. He is playing first base and has the best batting average on the whole All Star team. The All Stars have been fun for him but in general it's not as much fun. "We're not in Kansas anymore" with the parents although winning sure has changed every one's attitudes. Today we played and won 2 games in the All Star Tournament and have qualified for State. (I'm personally so ready for this to be over but I do want our boys to win.) On that note though, there is a big difference being the "dugout mom" to these kids and just a regular team. The All Stars are all very smart and witty and try very hard. I like just hanging out with all of the kids on this team.
Today was very exciting. Having Auntie Marie and Auntie Kay here to watch along with Colton's Grandparents and Great Aunt Helen made it even more fun. Our team has not done well in the practice games leading up to this tournament but I think we must be peaking at the right time. The last game was pretty intense and thankfully Neal is calm and easy going because I could have had a knock down drag out with the other teams coaches. I actually had a parent, that I had just met that day, appear beside me in the dugout to tell me that he had Neal's back. Good grief. These are 6 year old kids and we're about to "rumble" over how the game ended. (Not really but it was tense and not a fun competition.) I'm glad we came out on top and I'm sorry they were such poor losers. Tomorrow we play for the Championship in this tournament. I hope our guys show up and play like they did today.

I don't love these blue All Star uniforms but note the red belt and red socks. We didn't get to choose but I would have boycotted orange or yellow so I had to tolerate the blue.
No comments:
Post a Comment