Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I haven't forgotten about the blog...

With the kids finally being back in school for a full week and 4 basketball games every weekend along with Colton's little Dribbler performance last Saturday, we've been BUSY!

Here's a couple of pictures I took on my iphone of the kids getting their team basketball pictures taken. The quality isn't good at all but the professional pictures should be in soon and I'll get a copy of them on here.

Colton is an unbelievable defensive player.  I'm not even saying this because I'm the Mom.  He is seriously one of the best defensive players on the court in every single game.  In one game, the opposing team's best player threw himself on the floor and cried.  Not because he was hurt but because he was so frustrated by Colton and his tight defense.  We've taught Colton the "Hines Ward Grin".  When the other kids starts complaining and getting frustrated, Colton knows that he is "in their head" so he just grins at them to make them even more crazy.  LOVE IT!!  His coach calls a defense called "Box and One".  I call it "Box and Colton".  What it means if you're not a basketball person is that the rest of Colton's team plays a Zone Defense or guards a specific area.  Colton is assigned to their best shooter/scorer and his job is to stick to him like glue and prevent him from scoring.  So far we've won every time the Coach calls this Defense.  So THAT is what we've been doing.  Basketball ends the beginning of February and Baseball is just around the corner. 


Cayden and basketball this year has been interesting.  He has definitely picked up some silly habits from kids at school and would be very entertaining during basketball games IF he weren't my kid.  The Mom is OVER the goofy stuff.  hehe.  Cayden has a lot of ability when he decides to play basketball.  He is the only Kindergartner on this team of 1st graders so next year is when I really expect him to shine.  Until then, we're going to try not to laugh and encourage the crazy things he does in the game.  In other Cayden news, he's finally decided that he can read and is doing a great job!  I'm constantly surprised at the words he knows.  He reads to me every day after school and it's our time to snuggle up on the couch and have time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment