So there you have it. Figured I'd get everyone up to date and that's pretty much it. The boys however are excited. Cayden and I get to go to a 1/2 day of Kindergarten on Thursday. I'm excited that they do it this way so that the parents get time with the teacher and see how everyone interacts together. That evening Colton will find out his teacher too so Thursday is a big day!
The boys have started Gymnastics and FINALLY Cayden can be in the big gym with the big kids in Colton's class. He is soooooo excited. I laughed the entire class. Not really laughing at him but just at his personality and excitement of finally getting to take this gymnastics class. He never stopped bouncing and ran from one thing to the next. He is actually more limber than Colton and most of the other kids so he started off the class great in the warm up stretches. My VERY VERY favorite moment was just before Cayden hung from the very high rings (attached to the ceiling). The kids go and get chalk on their hands first. I could see what was going to happen coming from a mile away but even then I didn't know how funny it would be. I'm so glad I was focused on him and didn't miss anything. I only wish I had a video to share.
So back to getting chalk. He was sent over to get the chalk and he just about bathed in the stuff which was funny enough but then he got two HUGE handfuls of chalk. He then walked over to the instructor who must not have seen Cayden's hands. He motioned for Cayden to get under the rings so he could lift him up. About that time Cayden opened his fists and white chalk went EVERYWHERE. I think his Coach even coughed. I was dying laughing and people were staring at me. It's not really a laughing place but I couldn't help it. Cayden is so funny even when he isn't trying to be.
Tonight when I put him to bed I told him how proud I am of him and that I want to be more like him. He was excited and happy and "bouncy" and completely enthralled to be in the gymnastics class. He hugged me and told me in all seriousness that he would teach me.
Love that kid!

No comments:
Post a Comment