Friday, August 6, 2010

Meeting Colton's 2nd grade teacher....

This was not the calm, sweet, peaceful setting that Cayden and I had encountered that same morning. It was grades 1-5 so there were people and kids everywhere! We found the 2nd grade lists and found Colton's name along with several of his classmates from last year. There are 7 kids from his 1st grade class including Colton so we saw a lot of familiar faces. Colton was especially glad that his buddy Shane was in this class with him.
We knew nothing about the 2nd grade teachers but the first impression of Mrs. Creighton was great!  Colton really liked her and I liked the way she talked to him and the other kids.  After unpacking our supply box and getting some assignments to have ready by Monday (I know it's all ready started!) we went to visit Colton's first grade teachers Mrs. Collins and Mrs Thurber.  It was bittersweet.  I wish we could just have them again this year.  It was great to see them and we plan to stay in touch and they are planning on getting Cayden next year.  (We can request the same experience for siblings and we definitely want Cayden to be in their class.  I told them that while WE were going to request to have the same experience that THEY would not have the same experience with Cayden.  hehe.)  They have all ready told his Kindergarten teacher to do a good job (she definitely will) because they will have him in 1st grade.  I do love that I have that to look forward to. 

Colton is still all grins about his new teacher and Mrs. Collins assured us that it would be an easy transition and that he got a great 2nd grade teacher.  I trust her so we have no worries.

It has to be a great year for both boys because their teachers are all Bulldogs!  Maybe they'll understand when I pull them out of school for the Georgia - Florida game.  It really should be a holiday anyway.  hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment