Thursday, August 5, 2010

1/2 day with Cayden's Kindergarten Teacher...

Cayden had a teacher that he wanted who just happened to be the Fayette County Teacher of the YEAR last year.  Wellllllllllllllllllllllll he got her!  Mrs. Carrie Collins.  I honestly can't even imagine him with anyone else now that I've seen him with her.  It was a wonderful morning but I still shed a lot of tears.  The other moms were great as well. It all feels comfortable and is a good fit for both of us.  I think the odds just went way up that I will actually let him out of the car on Monday morning. 

Today we met his teacher, then met in the Cafeteria with the Principal.  The Principal had a really neat "Secret Sign" for the kids to give her and for her to give them that meant that she was giving them a hug.  SO SWEET!  She explained that sometimes that had to stay in line and they couldn't just run up to her and hug her.  She would do the secret sign and they could do it back to her.  (How sweet is that?!!!  Once more I'm convinced we are in the right place.)

Then Cayden went on a tour of the school with his teacher.  I COULD have gone but they said if both of us were comfortable for me to go back to his classroom and fill out paperwork.  Cayden was TOTALLY comfortable and I managed to be pried away from him and let him go do that part by himself.
 One of the other moms was a mom from Colton's class last year and another one has a new puppy that she named Fenway!  How cool is that.  There is a lot of Boston tie ins with several of the moms.  I can't remember meeting a group of women where it was easier or more comfortable. I really liked everyone I met.

All the kids came back to the classroom and Mrs. Collins (not to be confused with Colton's teacher last year who was J. Collins)  read the kids a story and they sang a song.  I couldn't even make it through the story, "The Night Before Kindergarten".  I had to go out in the hall along with some other moms. 
This is his ParaPro, Mrs. Fincher.

Sitting at his desk, getting into the bag of M&M's his teacher left for him.

So all in all it was a HUGE SUCCESS.  I was even more impressed with this mornings activities when I found out that other Fayette County Schools don't do this 1/2 a day thing with their Kindergartners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment