Colton and a few other 3rd graders made it on to the Science Olympiad Team at school. Their subject was Leaf and Tree finder. Don't ask. I now know way more than I ever wanted to know about trees and care less than I ever did. However despite it not being a good event, 2 new kids and parents to this competition and ZERO help from the Science Olympiad Teachers....Colton and his partner, Isabella placed 6th. That is actually good as it was against 14 other elementary schools in Fayette County and is the last place recognized. The Mom is glad it's over, Cayden told me that I was crazy if I EVER thought he'd get into Science Olympiad and Colton is still deciding what he thinks but he didn't love it. It could have been an awesome thing. Science, Learning and a Competition all rolled into one event. Can you tell I'm still not thrilled at how this was handled? I am VERY proud of him and all that he learned and that he placed his first time competing.


No comments:
Post a Comment