I know this is usually about the boys but every now and then I'll sneak something in about me. This time it's about running. I've been pretending to be a runner (sort of) for a few months. I did a program that was called, "A month to a Mile", then "3 months to a 5K" and also "4 months to a 10K". This was mostly done on a treadmill which is definitely easier than running outside but hey, you have to start somewhere. My best friend, Lucy is such an inspiration. She has done several 5K's, 2 half marathons and is training for a marathon at the end of the month. In case you didn't know - that is 26.2 miles. Wow. So this little 5K (just over 3 miles) is certainly doable and I'm excited to try this out. It's in Oakland Cemetery and the surrounding Grant Park area in Atlanta on our off week from Georgia football so there was really no excuse. I started the year telling Lucy that it was too cold, then too hot, I'm too busy, it's baseball, swimming, hockey and now football season. She got me on the BYE week so I'm in!! haha
The race has a funny name that some may not like but it's the week before Halloween so thus the name.
Here's a link to the race. Makes me laugh because if the race was held at night in a Cemetery than that is exactly what I would be doing. It starts at 9am.
My first race! Click on this.
Here is a picture of Lucy and I after we went running one morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment