First of all, I really should let my friend Lucy give her version of this but since it's my blog I get to slant it my way and we'll just go with the fact that I was slightly stressed this morning. We met at the East Point MARTA station at 7am with the intention of riding MARTA to the Oakland Cemetery. We did buy MARTA passes, went down the stairs and stood waiting on the train (this would be high stress point for me). I was trying to find my gloves, get things organized, it was freezing, dark and did I mention I was a bit stressed. At one point, Lucy said, "Why don't we just drive". I said OK and we left the MARTA station, got back in her car and I asked my new iphone assistant "Siri" how to get there and off we went. Lucy got on the phone with our friend Brooke who we were meeting to run with and started telling her what was going on. She was laughing and talking about me being stressed and at one point I said, "I AM SITTING RIGHT HERE and can hear you talking about me". Lucy was cracking up. We did get to the Cemetery and Brooke picked up our race numbers for us and we got in the huge line to start the race. I was surprised at how many people there were. My goal was to run the whole race and not walk at all. That would have been possible except for the HUGE hill that I hadn't trained for. I ran with Brooke for most of the race and at about the 2 1/2 mile mark, I sent her on ahead and finished by myself. Lucy had sent us on earlier.


Me and "Zombie Bride" Brooke
When it was over we went to a neat restaurant across the street called "6 Feet Under" for an early lunch and some yummy dessert.
Despite the early stress, it was a lot of fun and I will definitely do it again sometime. My very favorite part was coming home and Cayden meeting me at the door, yelling Mom and asking me every detail about the race. He definitely loves to run and seemed to get it. I may let him or both of them run with me the next time.
Race route. Even they say it was "hilly".
No comments:
Post a Comment