Thursday, May 26, 2011

Colton End of School Party...

Colton got some food poisoning over the weekend and couldn't go to his field day (same as Cayden's).  I checked him into school at 11am so he could attend the relay's and so he could go to his party.  He wasn't feeling great but still enjoyed getting to be there.

Here's a small collage of pictures from his relay races.  His teacher and I were so competitive.  The other parents were sitting in the shade and I was hanging out with his teacher and the kids encouraging them and trying to make them win against the other 2nd grade teams.  Fun stuff.  Click on the picture to make it bigger and then again for even more detail.

The them from Colton's class this whole year was the "Smile" Song by Uncle Cracker.  Mrs. Creighton picked the song as the "class song" long before we knew we would lose Mary Evelyn but it fit perfectly and the class performed the song several times throughout the year in honor of Mary Evelyn.  So for the class party they went with a "Smile" theme.  I'll never hear that song again or see a yellow smiley face without remembering this year and the terrible loss that we all had to go through.  Mary Evelyn taught us how to handle this and by knowing her we were touched in a very special way.  She will be forever a part of Colton's class.  I know I'll remember her when he graduates from High School and she has been a constant presence in his class this year.  So all that to explain the importance of all the Smile decorations.  Awesome party and I'm so glad that I was there and that Colton got to be a part of it.

 These next two pictures are a (new) gutter lined with aluminum foil  filled with Ice cream and a million toppings.  Each kid stood and ate out of it.  They loved it.




One thing that we gave to Mrs. Creighton was a stepping stone that had something in the cement that would remind her of every child.  Colton chose a Hines Ward Georgia Football Card (like a baseball trading card).  It's very prominent sticking up in the middle of the stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment