Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The boys wear "Pink" for Mary Evelyn...

The boys school asked for everyone to wear pink to celebrate Mary Evelyn's life.

Before I could explain and just got out the word pink and shirt, Cayden said, "No way Jose".  (I'm not sure where this Jose thing started but that usually means he's digging his heels in.)  I quickly said, "It's for Mary Evelyn" and Cayden said, "Ok, no problem".  He is such a mess.

So this morning they put on their pink shirts and Cayden did make me promise again that it was actually a BOYS shirt that was pink and not a girls shirt.  I assured him and that was it.
This just happened to be a day that I was volunteering in Colton's class.  EVERYONE was wearing pink and his class especially was getting attention from the counselors.  They made a tree and had all the students write something about Mary Evelyn on a construction paper leaf.  The tree is beautiful with her picture in the center of it.  Colton wrote that he really admired her courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment