Sunday, March 7, 2010

Evander "The REAL DEAL" Holyfield...

I decided that Evander needed his own day on my blog without being pushed down to the bottom of some long post.

A little history.  When Evander (I love him) Holyfield fought for his first Heavy Weight Championship against Buster Douglas in Vegas, I WAS THERE.  Not only was I there but I followed Evander fighting before he even became a  Heavy Weight Fighter.
We had an opportunity to get Evander's son on our baseball team this year and I posted this about him on a Bulldog Board that I am a member of.  The guys all got a good laugh out of me and I've toned it down a bit to post here.

First of all, I don't care what this says about me. :lol:
We coach baseball (The Junkyard Dawgs) and we are putting together our team for this year. Neal and I are also on the Baseball board. A mom called us the other night and said that someone recommended that she try to get her son on our team. (Our team is almost full). When Neal got off the phone, he told me the story and I half listened until he said the last name of the child.

I sat up and said, WHO??, WHAT IS THAT NAME again? He repeated it. I said, "We're taking this KID". It's EVANDER HOLYFIELDS KID!! To some this isn't a big deal. I followed Evander all through his career, saw every fight on tv and THEN I WENT TO VEGAS TO SEE HIM WIN THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP against Buster Douglas. I WAS THERE! The dude needs to meet me. He needs to sign all my stuff, take pictures and in general appreciate that I WAS THERE. :lol: We live in the same county, I haven't actually stalked him yet so he can deal with me for a short period of time - say a baseball season.  Neal is wavering and saying that our team is almost full. I think our marriage may be in trouble here.

I WANT THIS KID.
So there you have it. I'm not even ashamed. I promised Neal that I would only drive Evander crazy the first time I met him and then I'd act cool after that. I think that's a GREAT deal. I'm envisioning me invited to their house, Colton going to the kids birthday party, me and Evander hanging out......, yeah I'm insane.
UPDATE:  It didn't work out for us to get Evander's son.   Neal is still in the doghouse over this.

Fast forward to today.  Grams and Grammy saw Evander behind the outfield during our 2nd game today.  My mom very bravely interrupted me in the dugout and managed to get out the fact that Evander was there before I told her I was too busy to talk. Somehow I managed to wait until our game was over and then I grabbed up my kids and told Colton what to say and we went over to get a picture with Evander.  (I have been battling an eye infection all week, so I had red eyes and glasses and it just wasn't the day for me to get a photo with him.)  That's where the boys came in.  Colton asked him if they could take a picture and then told him that I was there when he beat Buster Douglas.  Evander was surprised and very nice . 
So I'll let you know when he gets the restraining order against me.  I may have to put my tickets to the fight in my car so he can sign them next time we hang out.  hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment