Here are some things that he has been saying lately.
- "What the hay?" This is said ALL THE TIME. Grams would REALLY be in trouble for this had I ever heard her say it or anyone else for that matter. He learned the phrase off of an audio tape that he listens to with Grams about sweet little farm animals. "Jeremy, The Tale of the Honest Bunny".
- "Mama, I think that we could EASILY kill the Georgia Hurricanes" (little league baseball team). This came from out of nowhere. I guess he was thinking about an upcoming baseball tournament. It did make me laugh when he seriously told me this over breakfast.
- "Not to mention...." - He says this all the time whenever he can interject it into a conversation.
- "Easy as peezy." - He mainly uses this phrase when I'm about to pull my hair out working with him on school work. He'll grin and say, "Tricked you, I really know the answer". Then he says, "That was easy as peezy".
- I straightened my hair out one day and Cayden stood there staring at me and then said, "Uhhhhh I don't think so, change it back.
- This isn't something he says but something he does. He can't just kiss me one time on the cheek. He has to kiss me 5 or 6 times with loud smacky kisses. (Ok smaky might not be a word but you get my meaning). I started calling him "Grandma Puelo" whenever he does it. I can remember being kissed on the cheek by her in EXACTLY the same way. It's funny how something like your child kissing you can bring back that kind of a memory. So now he'll come up to me and tell me he wants to give me a kiss like Grandma Puelo. (It's really Grandma Puelo Carrabino - but for some reason I used her maiden name the first time I said it and now it's stuck.)
- "Feels so good when it quits." - I told Cayden about this saying that my grandfather, "Poppy" used to say when someone got hurt. The other day Colton really scrapped up his hand and was crying and Cayden pipes up with the saying. Colton wasn't sure if it made him mad or how to react but finally laughed and agreed. Expect to hear this if you are around Cayden at all. He said it me the other day when I stubbed my toe. (I actually wasn't amused at the time - hehe).

No comments:
Post a Comment