Monday, December 7, 2009

My 2 Running Rebels...

It's Basketball time!!!  My only negative is that this league doesn't keep score for our age group.  I do not get that??!!  I also don't get that I was the only one in the gym keeping score but everyone was asking me what the score was.  Life is about winning and losing.  Better get used to it.  I almost didn't want them to play in this league if they aren't going to keep score but decided to keep the stats so we would know what the deal is.  Both my kids come off the court and ask who won.  How ridiculous would that be if I didn't know?  If you can play the game then learn how to lose and win.  I know I'm ultra competitive but will always see zero benefit in not keeping score. 

ANYWAY, off my soapbox about that since I indeed know who wins and loses in this game and ..... 

The Running Rebels are 2 and 0.  Whooooooooo!!!  (Have I mentioned that I love winning).  hehe.



 
 

They both are playing really welll.  Cayden is the youngest kid in the league and we expected him to struggle a bit but he isn't even the worst player on his team.  You don't want to match up against him on Defense.  (I'm instructing him on being more aggressive even if he draws a foul because they can't foul out at this age so look for stats of him leading the league in fouls pretty soon. haha).  Colton did lead the team in fouls today with 2 but he is the one that is getting the most rebounds and playing very aggressive defense.  It's really fun to watch.  After suffering through freezing temperatures in a terrible indoor soccer facility last year, this is exciting and fun with a plus of being climate controlled. I'm sure there will be lots to post about on basketball in the weeks to come.  We play every Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.  Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment