Sunday, October 25, 2009

How did carving the pumpkin become a "Mom" project??

I REALLY don't need another project.  I especially don't need a project that can't be finished during the hours that my children are awake.  Colton wasn't big on the "gooey" inside part of the pumpkin.  Cayden was excited and helpful so I let him choose which design that we would carve into the pumpkin. (Big Mistake).  Next year I'm going with triangles for eyes and some crazy toothy smile.  This year I bought the "carving package" that comes with carving templates, cute little saws and gadgets.  What this means is that instead of a quick job of cutting out a jack-o-lantern with knife and throwing a candle in the middle, it is now a delicate, time consuming job meant more for a surgeon than a mom.

It's finished now and hopefully Cayden will like it in the morning.  If you can't see a haunted house with a ghost in it, then please don't tell me (or Cayden).


No comments:

Post a Comment