Monday, October 19, 2009

"All the words"...

The kids gave me a hard time about not taking them to Knoxville to see the Bulldogs play Tennessee.  They also know that I won't take them to the Georgia Tech game at Tech.  There are too many rude, obnoxious fans at both of those stadiums and the things that Tech fans say to us every single time is not appropriate for a 6 & 4 year old.  I'm not ready for my kids to have to deal with that. They kept pressuring me for reasons and I finally told them that until they knew ALL the words that I wasn't taking them to either place.

Big Mistake on my part.  Of course then they wanted to know ALL the words.  I held them at bay saying that there were some mean grownup words that we don't say and I wasn't ready for them to hear them at either of those games.  This discussion has been going on for a couple of weeks now.  Yesterday Cayden said, "Mom, I know enough bad words to go to the Tech game.  You know there's STUPID and DUMB and GOOBER".

I cracked up but made a mental note to not get myself into these kind of situations again.


No comments:

Post a Comment