Sunday, September 20, 2009

The "S" Word and the "D" Word...

I don't know quite how this came about but there are a couple of words that I won't let the boys say. Before you jump to the worst case scenario here, the "S" word is stupid and the "D" word is dumb. It is kind of nice that these are the worst words that they know and they will flat tell anyone that they shouldn't use the "S" word. It's become a family joke and I have to turn around so they don't see me laughing at them about these words.

Today Cayden was pretty tired from staying up so late last night watching the Georgia/Arkansas game. (How 'Bout Them Dawgs!!) We knew that we would probably pay today with some grumpy behavior.

We had friends over to watching the Georgia game with us. There were times in the game that the "S" word was said in relation to a bad call or bad play. Both boys would gasp and remind us that you don't say the "S" word. As expected, today Cayden got mad at Neal for something and did his famous, "I'm OUTTA HERE" (which is pretty funny in itself). As he was walking up the stairs he said, "Daddy you are the worst "S" word ever and and and even the "D" word.

I had to walk away because I knew I was about to laugh. Even in a fit of anger he still didn't say the actual words.

I ask him all the time why he is so cute. His answer is, "I guess that is just the way God made me". Yeah he's a keeper.

Cayden before a Thrashers game at 22 months old.

1 comment: