that we definitely got to experience the name of this blog this weekend."How Sweet It Is To Be A Bulldog On Saturday Night".
Friday was a whirlwind. To say we were excited is putting it mildly. I was first to pick up Colton in the pick up line at school. We came home and got right in the RV. Fenway, (the dog) was all ready inside waiting. The boys started yelling, "YEAH!!!! We're going to Athens!!!" (I think I'll keep them.) They
did the same thing when we pull in the parking lot. "Yeah!!! We're here, we're here!!"
(Picture was taken right before we picked Colton up for school. We were all packed up and ready to head to Athens!)
We had fun seeing old friends, taking golf cart rides, and playing football and baseball in the parking lot. We were just happy to be in Athens. If you're not a college football fan, you don't even know what your missing. Saturday night under the lights in Sanford Stadium with 92K of my closest friends, in our home opener and SEC opener was definitely something to experience. Colton has to be the most knowledgeable 6 year old in that stadium about the Dawgs. He can give most adults a run for their money too. Sometime in the first quarter he grabbed me around the neck and gave me a big hug and said, "Thank you for taking me to this game!" I think I missed the next play because of tears in my eyes. He is so much fun. (Cayden stayed in the RV with Grammy & Grampy because it was a night game and we just didn't think he'd enjoy it after his bed time.)
This picture was taken from our seats in Sanford Stadium over an hour before kickoff. Colton wouldn't even let us stand around and talk to friends in the stadium. He had to get out there to watch the players warmup.
Hmmmm he must be related to someone around here?!
Dawgs beat South Carolina 41-37 in one of the most exciting games I've seen in Sanford Stadium. Thank you Rennie Curran, Brandon Boykin and Branden Smith. Too close for comfort but now that we have the W, I can appreciate how great a game it was. At the time, we were pretty nervous. On the last SC drive, I turned to Colton and said, "DON'T CRY!". He nodded without taking his eyes from the field and squeezed my hand and said, "I think we're going to win".

No comments:
Post a Comment