Monday, December 3, 2012

Colonial Tea....

All of the 4th grade is learning about Colonial times.  They had a big event where the boys and girls ACTUALLY had to dance together in costumes from that era and then we all went back to the classroom for a "Colonial Tea".  They were sooooooo cute.  It was funny because a few months ago the boys were FREAKING out because a rumor went around that the girls got to choose their own dance partners.  So funny!  Actually the teachers paired the kids up.  The girl Colton danced with constantly made him wash his hands or put on hand sanitizer.  I don't see him taking her to the Prom after all that.  Her loss.  haha. The boys finally came around and no one was too upset about dancing with a GIRL! First time ever so it was a big deal.  Colton's teacher told us that the kids always remember who they danced with on Colonial Day.  He was pretty tight lipped about the girls but I could get him to talk about it at night in bed with the lights off.  I asked him if any guys did the "fist pump" and said "YES" after they found out what girl they were assigned to.  He said, "MOM!  NO ONE did a fist pump.  It's not like that AT ALL.  Wow, Mom.  You really don't get it."  Needless to say I cracked up laughing once I got away from him.  I will remind him of that statement later on. He did admit if he HAD to choose someone there was this one girl that wasn't gross.  (I got her picture.  He refused to be in one with her but she just happened to walk behind him when I was taking another picture)  hehe.  One funny thing in the morning before we left for school....Cayden started to make fun of the outfit.  I shut him up quick when I reminded him that in 2 years he'd be wearing the exact same Colonial costume.  Ha ha.

My sweet Colonial Boy.

Dancing

Dancing

The cute little girl to the left of the picture is the one I mentioned above.  Shhhhh don't tell Colton I told.


Colton with Ms. Hand Sanitizer. 

The whole class.


No comments:

Post a Comment