Thursday, August 9, 2012

We met the boys teachers for this year...

To say I was sweating out Cayden's teacher in an understatement.  They try to allow you to have a similar experience as an older child if you request that.  I scratched out the word similar and wrote in EXACT.  We REALLY wanted Colton's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Creighton.   I also sent a sealed letter to the Principal requesting that Cayden NOT get a certain teacher.  Had we gotten that one teacher, I was going to be in her office and Cayden would not have started school on Monday in that class.   So last night was a bit sleepless for me. 

Mrs. Creighton was that once in a lifetime kind of teacher.  We have loved the other ones but she is that one that Colton will always look back on as "THE ONE".  I didn't want Cayden to miss out on her and I'm so thankful that he is going to have such an awesome teacher this year.  The fact that she is a Georgia Bulldog and we tailgated with her some last year definitely adds to her appeal.

We didn't know anything about the 4th grade teachers, but as always  last year I filled 3 pages worth of description of Colton and his personality and what I thought he needed in a teacher.  I've done that every year and they have done a great job in matching him up with awesome teachers.  We were told by a well respected teacher that his 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Strauss is a great teacher and that we're going to love her.

I'm in NO WAY ready for the school year to start but I am happy that the boys are thrilled with their teachers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment