Monday, July 2, 2012

City Swim Meet...

This was one crazy day as the normal location for the City Swim Meet was moved to a local neighborhood pool that has 8 pool lanes because of fire at the facility where we normally have the City Meet.  I was helping to set up and when I got there at 7am, I parked almost a mile away.  There were TONS of people with 10 swim teams competing.  Everyone had to pull together, get along, follow the parking rules and even the rules about where you could sit to make this thing go off without any major problems.  I was very proud of the whole community and especially the neighborhood that opened it's doors to everyone.  Here are some pictures from the day of the boys swimming.
 Before the meet started.
 Colton cheering on team.
Colton, about to anchor their undefeated relay team. 
 Cayden taking it all in, getting ready to swim.
 Swimmers take your mark.
 Colton - Butterfly.

Discussing upcoming races in the shade.
 Getting ready to swim the 100 IM (Invividual Medley where they swim each stroke one length of the pool.  SERIOUS!!!
 Excited about swimming the 100 IM
 Cayden is on far left, yelling down to Colton in lane 3 with some last minute discussion about the IM
 Colton - Freesytle
 A bit cocky after finishing the 100 IM
 Cayden - game face on.


 Finishing his last race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment