We left home at 7:00am on Saturday morning and went to Athens to watch the Dawgs beat up on Idaho State. Immediately after the game we drove to Pigeon Forge, TN and stayed in our cabin. The drive was easy until the last hour where we had to go over the Smokey Mountains and there was SNOW! At least 4 inches of snow and the road had been plowed before we got there - luckily! The temperature was 22 degrees on top of the mountain. I had Neal get out of the car and get us all a snowball. It was like powder, not icey at all. When we finally got over the mountain, we saw that they had closed the road going back the way we came. Had they closed it going over to Pigeon Forge we would have had to drive hours out of the way. It was a hard drive but we were so thankful that we were able to get to our cabin. The next morning we got up and drove 30 minutes to Townsend, TN for Carlene's wedding and then right after the wedding we drove the 5 hours home getting in around 9:30 pm. What a whirlwind but it was fun. Auntie Marie drove back with us so that really helped the drive and then I took her to the airport on Monday morning. Whew! I'm tired just typing that.
Here are some pictures taken outside our cabin. I'm rarely in the pictures so I'm including all the ones of the kids and I being silly. I'll post the wedding pictures another day. We are still trying to catch up from being gone all weekend and my dryer is not working so you can just imagine the wrench that has thrown in my daily routine.





No comments:
Post a Comment